HPL is excited to invite customers to participate in our archives. Crowdsourcing provides an opportunity for customers to improve the descriptions of our archival and other research collections. Your contributions will help others learn and discover more about Houston’s History!
Before getting started, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our terms for customer contributions. We appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge of Houston’s History!
Terms for customer contributions
- When you contribute content to HPL’s website, you are granting HPL permission to store and use that information. In most cases, this means adding information to an HPL website, like the Digital Archives. But HPL also reserves the right to use the material in other ways, such as in promotional materials. You agree that HPL may use the content you provide without payment to you or further permission from you. If you are not willing to grant these rights to HPL, please do not contribute.
- Please use good judgement and do not submit offensive, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate content. HPL reserves the right to edit or delete user submissions that violate this agreement or other HPL or City of Houston policies.
- HPL is not responsible for the veracity or appropriateness of customer contributed content.
- HPL makes no guarantee that your submission will be used in its collections or on its websites.
- HPL may amend these terms and conditions at any time. By continuing to use the website, you consent to the amended terms